" Those of us who are gardeners do not need to train ourselves to be aware of the seasons, intuitively or any other way, for the seasons have us by the throat. "
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl and blend thoroughly. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in pistachios.
- Stir in cream together with rose water. Rinse rose petals and pat dry. Shred them finely; there should be about 2 tablespoons. Stir them into the cream then stir the liquid into the dry ingredients to form a soft dough.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake scones for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Prepare the icing while the scones are baking.
- Combined confectioner's sugar, jelly and 2 teaspoons water in small bowl and whisk until smooth. Add another teaspoon water if icing seems to thick ~ it will melt a little if applied while the scones are warm.
- Remove scones to baking rack to cool slightly before drizzling them with icing. (Best served warm)
- If preparing in advance, cool completely without icing ans store in airtight container. Wrap in foil and gently reheat at 325-degrees for 10-15 minutes. Drizzle the icing over while still warm. (about 2 dozen)