~ Green garden dreams
LINGUINI CARBONARA with GREEN PEAS
~ Peas & pasta ... a perfect pair
1 1/2 lb. linguine (or spaghetti)
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
12 oz. pancetta (or lean bacon)
3 crushed cloves garlic
1 cup heavy cream
3 large oragnic egg yolks
1/2 -2/3 cup greshly grated Parmesan cheese
(additional for serving)
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 1/2 cup fresh or thawed frozen baby peas
freshly ground black pepper
- Bring large pot of water to boil.
- Meanwhile, in large deep skillet, saute garlic in olive oil until golden. Add pancetta and cook until golden and crisp. Transfer to a bowl.
- Pour off all but 4 tablespoons of fat from skillet. Add cream and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from bottom. Pour into bowl. Whisk eggs yolks with warm cream and Parmesan cheese.
- Add salt to boiling water. Cook peas briefly, about 1 minute. Drain and reserve.
- Add linguini to pot and cook until al dente. Drain. Return pasta to pot and add cream mixture, pancetta, parsley and peas. Season with cracked pepper and toss lightly until sauce coats pasta.
- Transfer to bowls. Pass additional freshly grated Parmesan cheese.