Spring shall plant and Autumn garner to the ends of time."
~ Robert Browning
~ Outdoor anthurium
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Prepare macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced onions and 1 tsp. sugar. Cook, stirring often, 15-20 minutes or until onions are caramel-colored.
- Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Layer with half each of cooked macaroni, onions, cheeses, and cracker crumbs. Continue with remaining macaroni, onions, and cheeses.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt & white pepper. Pour over macaroni mixture.
- Stir together remaining cracker crumbs, melted butter and chopped pecans. Sprinkle evenly over macaroni mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown and set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. (8 servings)
~ Toad Lily (Tricyrtis)
ROASTED LEMON CAULIFLOWER
1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
2 minced cloves garlic
1 Tbsp. grated lemon rind
1 tsp. coarse salt
freshly ground pepper to taste
1 large cored head cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Line large baking sheet with aluminum foil and place cauliflower on top.
- Combine shallots, butter, parsley, garlic, lemon rind, salt & pepper. Drizzle over cauliflower. Bring sides of foil to top and seal edges.
- Bake for 1 hour or until tender. (6 servings)