~ Basking in the morning sun
HUBBARD LAKE BREAKFAST
~ Fit for a king and large enough to feed his army
5 lbs. well scrubbed red skin potatoes
3 lbs. favorite seasoned bulk sausage
2 large chopped sweet onions
1 large chopped red pepper
1 large chopped yellow pepper
1 large chopped orange or green pepper
2 dozen large organic eggs
1 lb. shredded Pinconning cheese (or mixed cheddar & colby)
1/2 lb. cubed Pinconning cheese
coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Par-boil red skins in salted water and slice into wedges. Coat lightly with vegetable oil.
- Brown sausage in large skillet or paella pan. Add chopped onions and cook until limp. Next add chopped peppers and continue cooking until soft. Add potatoes and combine well with other ingredients until heated through. Season with salt & pepper.
- Whisk eggs and add to potato, onions and peppers. Cook gently until eggs begin to coagulate, stirring often. Add cubed cheese and combine well. Correct seasonings and top with grated cheese. Cover until cheese melts. Serve with bagels, toast, muffins or coffee cake and large bowl of fresh fruit.
- Combine bratwurst, beer and peppercorns in large saucepan. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer gently, covered, about 15 minutes or no longer pink. Drain.
- Grill bratwurst over medium-high coals, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until heated through and golden, turning frequently. Serve on buns with plenty of good mustard, favorite condiments, sauteed pepper & onions or sauerkraut. (8 servings)
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Drain and rinse kidney beans.
- In bowl, combine ketchup, Tabasco and allspice.
- Sprinkle chopped bacon in bottom of 13x9x2 inch pan. Top with 1/2 of beans over bacon. Sprinkle with chopped onions, green peppers and chopped tomatoes. Cover with remaining beans.
- Top beans with ketchup mixture and 1 cup packed brown sugar. Bake for 3 hours. (12-15 servings)