"Our love affair is a wondrous thing
That we'll rejoice in remembering ..."
~ words by Harold Adamson and Leo McCarey
DE'LIGHT'FUL LEMON TRIFLE
~ De 'light' ful somewhat 'guilt free' summer dessert ... indulge
1 angel food cake
1 (14-oz) can low-fat sweetened condensed mild
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp. grated lemon rind
1 (8 oz.) carton lemon nonfat yogurt
1 8 oz. thawed container reduced-fat frozen whipped topping (divided)
1 hefty cup sliced fresh strawberries
1 hefty cup fresh blackberries or blueberries
1 hefty cup fresh raspberries
1/2 cup lightly toasted flaked coconut
fresh mint springs
- Cut cake into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Combine condensed milk, lemon juice, rind, and yogurt. Fold in 2 cups thawed whipped topping and set aside.
- Place 1/3 of cake pieces in bottom of a 4 quart trifle bowl. top with 1/3 of lemon mixture. Top with strawberries. Repeat layers using remaining cake pieces, 1/3 lemon mixture, blackberries/blueberries. Repeat remaining cake pieces, remaining lemon mixture ending with raspberries.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over raspberries; sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 hours. Serve garnished with fresh mint sprigs.