GRILLED LEMON HERB STEAKS
- Combine all ingredients and pour over steaks. Marinate several hours.
- Prepare grill. Allow steaks to rest 30 minutes at room temperature before grilling.
- Remove steaks from marinade. Sprinkle with a bit of coarse salt & freshly ground pepper to taste. Place marinade in saucepan and bring to boil. Simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Grill steaks to desired donenesss, about 5-7 minutes per side for rare. Allow to rest before serving. Serve with remaining sauce.
- Peel onions and cut almost through forming 8 wedges. Place onion on a square piece of heavy duty foil.
- Combine butter, mustard, and Tabasco sauce. Drizzle mixture over onions. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Bring up 2 opposite sides of foil and seal. Fold remaining ends to enclose each onion, leaving space for steam to build.
- Arrange on medium-high grill, cover and grill 25 minutes or till onions are nearly tender. Make a 2-inch slit in top of each packet. Cover and grill 10 minutes more or till onions are lightly browned. Sprinkle with pepper. Serve in packet or remove. (8 servings)
"God give me work, till my life shall end
And life, till my work is done."
~Epitaph of Winifred Holtby