Henry Eilers Strap Petal Black Eyed Susan
- Flatten each chicken breast to 1/4-inch thickness; set aside.
- Clean spinach and remove stems. Steam for 2 minutes and drain. Squeeze until barely moist & coarsely chop.
- Saute shallots in 2 Tbsp. butter until tender; drain. Combine shallots, 1/4 cup Pesto Sauce, ricotta cheese, egg yolk, pine nuts, salt & pepper in bowl; add spinach, stirring well.
- Cut prosciutto slices in half. Place 1/2 slice on chicken breast half. Spread 2 Tbsp. spinach mixture over and roll up jellyroll fashion, starting with short side. Place seam down on ungreased 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Combine lemon juice and 3 Tbsp. butter' pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered at 375-degrees for 40 minutes or so, basting occasionally with pan juices. Chill.
- Combine remaining 3/4 cup Pesto Sauce and mayonnaise. Slice chicken rolls crosswise and serve with mayonnaise mixture. (8 servings)