LEMONY BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE
~ A luscious combo, perfect for warm weather
1 1/2 cups vanilla wafers
1 Tbsp. sugar
6 Tbsp. melted unsalted butter
2 1/2 pounds room temperature cream cheese
1 1/2 cup sugar
5 room temperature extra-large eggs
2 room temperature extra-large egg yolks
1/4 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 tsp. lemon extract
1 cup currant jelly
3 half-pints fresh blueberries
additional lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Combine vanilla wafers, sugar and melted butter. Pat into 9-inch springform pan covering bottom and 1-inch up sides. Bake 8 minutes. Cool.
- Increase oven temp to 450-degrees.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar with mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Reduce speed to medium and add eggs and egg yolks one at a time, scraping sides as needed. On low, add sour cream, lemon zest and vanilla, Mix thoroughly and pour into prepared crust.
- Bake 15 minutes. Turn oven down to 225-degrees and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes. Turn off oven and open door wide. Allow cake to rest in oven with door open for 30 minutes. Remove cake and allow to sit at room temperature for 2-3 hours until completely cooled. Wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Carefully remove cake from springform pan by running a hot knife around outside, leaving cake on bottom of pan for easy serving.
- Melt jelly over low heat. Toss blueberries with warm jelly until well mixed. Arrange blueberries on top of cake. Sprinkle with additional lemon zest. Refrigerate until serving time.