~ delicious retro spring recipe compliments of Leelanau Country Inn Cookery
1 1/2 lbs. veal leg slices
4 Tbsp. butter
12 cooked green asparagus spears
1 cup Hollandaise Sauce*
1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp. paprika
1 cup Alaskan King Crab meat
4 Tbsp. fresh parsley
- With a tenderizing mallet, pound veal slices, using care to avoid tearing the meat. Blanch asparagus, and set aside.
- Prepare Hollandaise Sauce. In a preheated saute pan, melt butter. In small mixing bowl, mix 1/8 tsp. paprika and flour, then dust veal slices with mixture, shaking off any excess. Saute veal for 30 seconds, turn and saute for another 30 seconds, then turn veal once more and add blanched asparagus and crab meat. Heat for one minute.
- In serving dis, layer veal slices, top with crab meat, and then asparagus spears. Cover with Hollandaise Sauce, and sprinkle with remaining paprika and chopped parsley. Serve immediately. (4 servings)
1 lb. butter
8 whole eggs
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
salt & pepper to taste
- Melt butter in sauce pan and set aside. In separate stainless pan, beat eggs over medium heat until medium thick. Slowly add melted butter to beaten eggs. If mixture becomes too thick, add a small amount of lemon juice.
- When all the butter has been added and sauce is a smooth consistency, add remaining lemon juice. Salt & pepper to taste.
Wine Note: Complimentary wine - Willow Vineyard 2006 Barrel Fermented Chardonnay
1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
3 cups organic chicken stock
6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 tsp. freshly cracked pepper
2/3 cup lightly toasted slivered almonds
- Saute onion in butter until tender. Add chicken broth, pepper, and rice. Bring to boil and remove from heat.
- Transfer rice into large casserole and bake, covered, at 375-degrees for 18-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from oven, fluff and top with toasted almonds.
LEELANAU COUNTRY INN SALAD
~ compliments of Leelanau Country Inn Cookery
1 large head Bibb lettuce
1 large head red leaf lettuce
2 Tbsp. sunflower seeds
2 Tbsp. crumbled blue cheese
8-12 thin slices of red onion
1/2 cup Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
Wash and dry lettuces. Hand tear into large chilled salad bowl and mix well. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and blue cheese, finally laying thinly sliced red onion atop salad. Toss before serving.
1 cup raspberry vinegar
2 cups canola oil
1 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup country Dijon mustard
1/4 cup tarragon leaf
1/2 tsp. salt
Mix all ingredients together at least one day ahead of use, to allow flavors to marry. (Yield: 4 1/2 cups)