1 1/2-2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts cut in strips
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. Hungarian paprika
1/4 tsp. cayenne
1/4 tsp. freshly cracked pepper
2 organic eggs
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
8 cups mixed spring greens
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/2 cup dried Michigan cherries
4-8 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with Pam.
- In one bowl, combine chopped pecans, herbs, cayenne, and cracked pepper. In another bowl, beat together eggs and olive oil.
- Dip chicken strips first in egg & oil mixture, and then coat in pecan mixture. Transfer to baking sheet and bake, turning once, 15-20 minutes or until chicken is golden.
- Combine greens with sliced red onion, and dried cherries. Lightly dress with Honey-Mustard Vinaigrette. Arrange on chilled plates with chicken strips topped with feta cheese. Serve with butter slathered BOURBON NUT BREAD. (4 servings)
HONEY MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE
1/4 cup honey
3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp. chopped green onion
1 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
juice of 1 lemon and zest
pinch of coarse & freshly ground pepper
Combine all ingredients and whisk in olive oil. Season with salt & pepper.
BOURBON NUT BREAD
~ From The High Museum of Art Recipe Collection
(freeze 2 of the 3 loaves for Derby Day)
8 separated organic eggs
3 cups sugar
1 lb. unsalted butter
3 cups sifted flour
1/2 cup bourbon
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. almond extract
1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks from. Cream butter and remaining sugar. Add egg yolk one at a time, beating well after each egg. Add flour in thirds, alternating with bourbon. Mix well. Stir in vanilla, almond extract and pecans. Fold in egg whites.
- Pour into 3 greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour or until done.