- Combine wine, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, 1 Tbsp. marjoram, and salt & pepper in zip-lock bag. Add lamb and marinate several hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove lamb from marinade and sprinkle with remaining marjoram, lemon zest, and cracked pepper. Set aside.
- Par-boil red onion quarters and peppers in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Thread lamb, onions, and peppers alternately onto 6 skewers. Grill kabobs 8 minutes or until desired doneness. Serve with Mediterranean Risotto.
1 1/4 cup arborio rice
3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
3 minced cloves garlic
1 quart heated organic chicken stock
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup slivered sun-dried tomatoes
1 (14-oz) can drained & quartered artichoke hearts
1 (3.8 oz. can drained & sliced black olives
2-3 Tbsp. fresh thyme
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
coarse salt & cracked pepper to taste
fresh seeded and chopped plum tomatoes for garnish
- Add rice to heated oil in saucepan. Stir over medium heat until coated and slightly translucent, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add wine to rice and stir until absorbed. Add tomatoes and ladle broth, a bit at a time until absorbed. Repeat until creamy but firm to bite, about 15-20 minutes (all broth might not be used.)
- Fluff in artichoke hearts, olives, thyme and cheese. Season with salt & pepper. Top with fresh tomatoes and additional Parmesan cheese.