- Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Slice off 1/4 from top of bread. Hollow out leaving 1/2-inch shell. (Use inside for breadcrumbs. Toast and freeze for later use.)
- Layer ingredients inside shell in the following order: roasted peppers, 4-oz. provolone cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, artichoke hearts, pesto, and remaining 4 oz. provolone cheese.
- Wrap in foil and bake for 30-40 minutes, until cheeses are melted. Uncover and slice into wedges. (6-8 servings)
Note: Roasted peppers. Broil on baking sheet until skin is charred, turning as each side blackens. Remove and place in paper or plastic bag for 10 minutes. Remove, rinse and slip off skins. Core, seed and slice.
CHOPPED GREEK SALAD
~ simple salad coated with a simple dressing of olive oil & lemon
1 chopped yellow pepper
1 chopped red pepper
1 chopped orange pepper
1 chopped and seeded English cucumber
1 cup chopped red onion
2 cloves finely chopped garlic
4 seeded and chopped Roma tomatoes
1 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
2 tsp. oregano
pinch of sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice & zest
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 cups shredded red lettuce
3 cup shredded romaine
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice & zest. Toss chopped peppers, cucumber, onion, garlic, tomatoes, olives, parlsley, oregano, salt & pepper in large bowl with olive oil & lemon juice.Cover and refrigerate at east on hour to allow flavors to mellow.
- Combine mixed lettuce and divide among 8 individual plates. Spoon vegetables over top. Sprinkle with feta and additional cracked pepper.