- Combine pepper, lemon juice , zest and olive oil and rub over halibut. Allow to come to room temperature before grilling.
- Sprinkle fish with salt. Grill 4 minutes on each side over medium-high coals or until fish flakes easily.
- Serve with lemon wedges, Green Beans with Toasted Amonds and Herb Sauteed Redskins.
Wine Note: Pair with an award-winning Michigan Chardonnay.
GREEN BEANS with TOASTED ALMONDS
1 lb. trimmed fresh green beans
3 Tbsp. melted unsalted butter
zest of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp. onion salt
freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Bring pot of water to boil. Drop in green beans, reduce heat and cook 20 minutes until done or crisp tender.
- While beans are cooking, melt butter with salt & pepper.
- Drain cooked beans. Pour melted butter over and serve topped with toasted almonds. (serves 4)
HERB SAUTEED REDSKINS
1 lb. scrubbed quartered redskins
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1/2 cup minced green onions
2 Tbsp. minced fresh chives
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
coarse salt & freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Plunge potatoes into pot of boiling water. Reduce heat and cook about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Heat butter & oil in heavy skillet. Saute potatoes about 8-10 minutes. Add green onions, chives and thyme. Season with salt & pepper. Cook an addition 1 to 2 minutes.