~ adapted from Southern Living
(tilapia or grouper would also be good but will cook quicker)
4 (8-oz) swordfish steaks (3/4 to 1-inch thick)
1 chopped Vidalia onion
1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
sea salt & freshly cracked pepper to taste
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup chopped pimento-stuffed olives
1/4 cup chopped Kalamata olives
1 Tbsp. drained capers
4 seeded and diced plum tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees.
- Saute onion in olive oil until limp. Add garlic, salt & pepper and cook 1 minute. Reduce heat and add wine, olives, and capers. Pour into baking dish.
- Sprinkle fish with salt & pepper and place over sauce. Bake, covered for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes. Sprinkle with tomatoes & parsley. Serve on plate with Lemon Couscous and Fresh Beet Salad.
2 (5.4 oz.) packages toasted pinenut couscous mix
2 cups organic chicken broth
1 Tbsp. grated lemon rind
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1/3 cup diced red pepper
- Combine broth, lemon rind, lemon juice, seasoning packet from couscous mix, and butter. Bring to boil and stir in couscous. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and bell pepper.
- Cover beets with water and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until tender. Drain, cool, and peel beets. Cut into wedges.
- Whisk together vinegar, olive oil, garlic, sugar, salt & pepper. Ad Beets and toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley and serve over mixed greens.