~ Blooming forsythia branch
CRABBY CHEESE PIE
~ lots of crab ... lots of cheese
8 oz. good hand-picked crab (like Phillips)
1 bunch chopped scallions
1 large chopped red bell pepper
1 1/2 cups grated Swiss cheese
1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
8 large organic eggs
1 cup half & half
1 cup panko crumbs
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
pinch of coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Butter a 10-inch quiche pan. Beat eggs. Mix remaining ingredients together and add to eggs. Pour into quiche dish and sprinkle with parsley. Bake until set, about 40-45 minutes, watching carefully.
- Let rest a bit before serving.
- Beat butter & cream cheese at medium speed until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at at time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in bananas, pecans, and vanilla. Spoon into 2 greased and floured 8 x 4 -inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350-degrees for 1 hour or until toothpick tests clean and sides pull away from pan. If necessary, shield with foil last 15 minutes to prevent browning.
- While bread is baking, stir together 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 cup flour, brown sugar, and milk in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in coconut, pecans, and vanilla extract.
- Remove baked bread from oven and immediately spread tops with coconut mixture. Broil 5-1/2 inches from heat for 2-3 minutes until top starts to lightly brown. Cool 20 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool 30 minutes before slicing. (2 loaves)