- Melt butter in stockpot. Add leeks, onion, carrots, and garlic. Cook over low hear until wilted.
- Add stock, broccoli, parsley and wine. Bring to boil and simmer, covered, 25 minutes. Remove from heat. Add spinach and cover for 5 minutes.
- Puree in batches and return to stockpot. Stir in lemon juice, salt & pepper to taste and cayenne. Serve in bowls and garnish with dollop of sour cream & chopped chives with CAYENNE WAFERS on the side. (8 servings. )
~ spicy little biscuits Lee Bailey's Soup Meals
1 cup grated sharp cheddar
1/4 cup soft margarine
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 tsp. salt
scant 14 tsp cayenne (ground red) pepper
1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Cream cheese, margarine, butte, salt, and cayenne in large bowl. Add flour and mix thoroughly. Roll into balls and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Divide in half, then keep dividing dough in half until you have 32 small balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten with heel of hand. These do not spread or rise much during baking, so can be placed fairly close together.
- Bake until just golden, about 15 minutes. Allow to cool for just a minute before removing with a spatula. These wafers can be keep for several weeks in tightly closed tin. (32 biscuits)
Note: Sip a lovely Michigan Sauvignon Blanc while cooking then dining.